I am so excited to be co hosting the Pink Zebra Rally in Pittsburgh this April! Having lived here all my life, I am happy to share all the cool places that we have to offer. Pittsburgh has been listed as a hot spot for tourism and an up and coming city in the film industry. Hundreds! Pittsburgh has been the back drop for many movies throughout the years. So you are here in Pittsburgh, what should you do? Grab some black and gold gear, work on your Pittsburgese and get ready to explore.
Pittsburgh has a wealth of history and culture. Visit the museums or enjoy a concert. Head down to the cultural district for dinner and a show. We have everything from comedy to opera. Our museums could keep you busy for a week and are a great educational experience.
Looking for a somewhere different to eat? We have tons! Pittsburgh is know for many food items. Our love for perogies is so strong, we even race them at the Pirate games. A Pittsburgh trip is not complete without a trip to Primanti's Brothers. Here, everything goes on the sandwich: meet, cheese, slaw and fries. Mmmm. The ever popular candy, the Clark bar, yep, that's a PIttsburgh thing! Heinz ketchup, Isley's Chip Chopped ham, Iron City beer, Klondike Bars...all Pittsburgh. We love our food! I mean, what other city has an entire table (or 2 or 3) devoted to cookies at weddings?
We here in PIttsburgh bleed black and gold. Take some time and tour one of the many stadiums or catch a game if you can get a ticket. Did you know that Forbes Field was the first true baseball stadium? Although it has been replaced, there are still remnants of the stadium in downtown Oakland. Our rich history can be enjoyed in a weekend or a week; stay a little, stay awhile.
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History
- Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
- Trolley Museum
- Carnegie Museum of Art
- Senator John Heinz History Center
- Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall and Museum
- The Andy Warhol Museum
- Phipps Conservatory
- Nationality Rooms in the Cathedral of Learning
- War Memorials on the North Shore
- Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium
- National Cemetery of the Alleghenies
- Falling Water
- Pittsburgh Steelers Football- Heinz Field
- Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey -Consol Energy Center Arena
- Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball- PNC Park
- Washington Wild Things- Frontier League Baseball
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds- Soccer
- Pittsburgh Passion, Pittsburgh Force, Steel City Renegades- full contact women's football
- College Sporting events: Pitt, Duquesne, Robert Morris
- South Side Pittsburgh- Looking for a great place for a Bar Crawl? Head to the South Side. It is not uncommon to start at one end of Carson Street and make your way to the other, hitting up all the cool places on your way. Places not to miss:
- Cupka's II- Dive Bar. Cheap drinks, possibly friendly bartenders, good for body shots or really an anything goes type of night. Nice place to start.
- Double WIde- Beer Bar. If you are looking for a nice choice of beers, head here.
- Jack's- Dive Bar. Go here because it's what you do when you are bar crawling in South Side. Hit it after you have a few in you and you won't notice the dirt.
- Lava Lounge- Martini Bar- cutesy drinks, more relaxed atmosphere.
- Tiki Bar- Nightclub- once you have had enough in you to put on those dancing shoes, this is your place. Dark, loud and diverse crowd. Small alcoves for more intimate "conversation."
- The Smiling Moose- Beer Bar, lounge- great bands and amazing food
- Bar 11- Dive bar-back off the beaten path on 11th street. Bar 11 is an nice ending. Lots of catchy music that the bar sings to. Name tags all around and toys and fun stuff shoved into your drinks.
- Jekyl and Hyde- bar- Imports and micro brews plus some evil house brews. Specialty drinks.
- Levelz-Sports bar- It's a sports bar with great food.
- Local- bar and grill- nice upstairs and great food. able to hold larger groups
- Station Square
- The Strip District
- Benedum Center
- Byham Theater
- Heinz Hall
- O'Reily Theater
- Caberet at Theater Square
(Click Cultural District for more information)
- Just Ducky
- Segway PIttsburgh
- The PIttsburgh Tour Company Double Decker Tours
- Gateway Clipper Tour
- Molly's Trolley Tour
- Pittsburgh Party Pedaler
Because your in PITTSBURGH
- Duquesne Incline
- Kennywood Park
- Mt. Washington
- Schenley Park
- Point Park
- The Escape Room PIttsburgh
- Primanti's Brothers
- Cool Places to Eat in the Pittsburgh Area
So now your set! There is so much to do here, I was unable to list everything. Sometimes, those hidden gems are the best! Check out that little mom and pop shop or the deli on the corner. You never know what you will find or who you will meet. Yes, we may talk a little funny, but we love our city! Come and spend the day here in PIttsburgh. We have something to do for everyone.